WITH THE HEAVENLY FATHER -
......DEVOTIONS FOR LAMBS. No. 198
Do you know that God is going to give beautiful crowns as rewards to those who earn them? Not silver paper ones, that is for sure. Crowns that are so lovely that we can lay them at the feet of Jesus Christ Himself! How can you earn a beautiful crown, or even more than one? You would have to be born-again, of course, and have received the gift of salvation from God. Then you will have to live in some excellent ways, in order to please the Lord. Here are the crowns God tells us about, and what you have to do to earn them:
1. The in-corrup-tible crown. These crowns will be given by Jesus Christ to believers who have self control. He will give all the crowns to believers when we are at His Judgement Seat in heaven. (I Corinthians 9:24-27).
2. The crown of glory. For those Christians who suffer for Jesus on this earth, but do NOT become cowards and deny the Lord! (I Peter 5:4).
3. The crown of life. Given by God to those who stand up for the Lord Jesus, and trust Him when troubles and problems come along. (James 1:12; Revelation 2:10).
4. The crown of right-eous-ness. Given to those who “love his appearing.” That means the crown is for believers who are watching and waiting for Jesus Christ to come back again to this earth. (II Timothy 4:8).
5. The crown of rejoicing. Given by
God to those who serve Him faithfully on this earth, and speak to other
people about Jesus and the Gospel.
( I Thessalonians 2:19, 20; Philippians 4:1).
Have a look at those Bible verses, they are quite exciting to read. I hope you get one or two or even three or ALL of those crowns one day. They are not for your own pride, so you can show off about them. They will be ours so that we can give glory and honour to Jesus Himself. For He alone can make us worthy of such great rewards! We will feel ashamed I think if we don’t get any rewards at all at Jesus’ Bema Seat.
“... there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.” ( II Timothy 4:8).m